Wieden & Kennedy network shakes up global team
The Wieden & Kennedy network has boosted its global team by hiring Colleen DeCourcy, the founder of the Havas-backed US shop Socialistic, and promoting the Portland office's executive creative director Mark Fitzloff as co-global executive creative directors.
In addition, partner and global chief operating officer Dave Luhr will take the role of president. Co-founder and current global president Dan Wieden will become chairman of the global management team.
To replace Fitzloff, W&K Portland creative director Joe Staples has been promoted to the role of the executive creative director of W&K Portland.
DeCourcy founded Socialistic, a social media content and design shop, in 2010 as chief creative officer and chief executive. While there, she won accounts such as Red Bull and Fast Company, and led work for Showtime, Coke and GE.
Fitzloff joined W&K Portland in 1999 as a copywriter. As creative director on Old Spice, he resurrected the brand and in 2008 he was appointed to the Portland management team as executive creative director.
Luhr has been with W&K since 1986, becoming managing director of the Portland office in 1992 and then partner.
Wieden said: "I don’t think we’ve ever had a chairman, but now I am one – albeit an active one.
"Between Dave and Mark, we have forty years of proven W&K experience, respect and leadership. This level of talent and experience gave me the confidence to search outside the agency to find a third global management team member with digital expertise.
"Colleen brings an energy and a knowledge base that is second to none. I am convinced that our next thirty years are going to be pretty damn exciting."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 20000-30000, Sheffield
- Account Manager - Integrated B2B Agency - Oxon / Berks Stonor £30 - £35K +, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Client Services Director Dynamic New Alliances £80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum, City of London
- Head of Social Media Stopgap £45000 per annum, London
- Tesco moves £90m media account to MediaCom
- Viacom pulls plug on C5 sales: more than 90 jobs to go
- Battersea's digital dog 'follows' shoppers in outdoor campaign
- Lego launches Facebook campaign that asks kids to create a kronkiwongi
- Twitter hunts for UK agencies
- Pedigree launches global 'feed the good' campaign with BBDO