Tennant, Bolt and Branson back for Virgin Media ads
David Tennant, Usain Bolt and Richard Branson have been recalled to star in Virgin Media's latest TV activity, as part of a multi-million pound campaign launching tomorrow evening during ITV1's 'Take Me Out'.
The first of the three ads, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, is called "undelete". It features Branson accidentally deleting his favourite programme and then Tenant himself. Luckily, Virgin Media’s TiVo box is able recover the files.
The second ad features three Tennants arguing over what to watch. A fourth Tennant arrives to explain only Virgin Media TiVo customers can record three programmes at the same time while watching a fourth.
Bolt’s return to Virgin Media’s advertising was revealed by Campaign’s sister magazine Marketing last year. In the new ad Tennant turns around to see a bad lookalike of the 100 and 200 metre Olympic champion.
As Bolt’s lookalike attempts the Jamaican sprinter’s lightning pose the man himself arrives to show him the door, making the point that everyone should get the superfast speeds they expect – one of Virgin Media’s marketing messages.
The media planning and buying was handled by Fifty6, a joint venture between Goodstuff and Manning Gottlieb OMD, and the campaign will run across TV, print and online.
Virgin Media will also run an ad that features Tennant informing the audience about the range of BSkyB channels available on Virgin Media to the tune of a Richard Branson whale song.
Richard Larcombe, director of advertising and sponsorship at Virgin Media, said this new campaign showcases Virgin Media’s "unrivalled set top box as well as our unbeatable broadband speeds".
Larcombe said: "We’re building on a hugely successful 2012, including an outstanding line up of high profile campaigns, with Mo Farah, Stephen Fry, and of course, David, Usain and Richard.
"2013 promises even more memorable partnerships and fantastic campaigns from Virgin Media."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Midweight Designer - Creative Agency - Old Street Twist Recruitment Ã‚£27000.00 - Ã‚£32000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Cars ! Ready for an immediate start or Jan 2015! Barker Graves £30/38K, central London
- PLANNER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Excellent, London
- Senior PR & Comms Officer Stopgap Ã‚£32000 - Ã‚£34700 per annum, Reading
- Senior Account Director - brand, digital and communications - £55-65k Story Recruitment £55-65k plus bonus dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)