Haymarket Media Group appoints Canopy Media Management for insert sales
Haymarket Media Group has appointed Canopy Media Management to sell insert space across its portfolio of consumer magazines, including FourFourTwo and Gramophone.
From today Canopy will sell insert space across the 12-strong magazine portfolio to mainstream advertisers, kicking off with sectors such as mail order, charities and entertainment.
Canopy will group the magazines according to their type of audience and sell insert space by audience rather than by magazine.
Haymarket’s in-house sales team previously sold all the division’s insert space itself but, moving forward, it will concentrate on selling inserts to key clients, such as some of the motor brands who use What Car? magazine.
Julia Dear, sales director at Haymarket, said: "In an increasingly competitive market we have decided to outsource this area to experts in this field to both protect and grow our existing revenue streams."
Canopy is an independent sales house selling direct response marketing opportunities such as inserts, data sales and management, print and reader offers for media companies such as Guardian News & Media and Auto Trader.
Chris Grey, director at Canopy, said: "Haymarket has employed us to not only stabilise and exceed existing revenue levels but also to protect their inserts business by developing new areas as we look to build revenues for the future."
Haymarket Media Group's business division publishes MediaWeek.co.uk.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Junior Managing Director - Branded Content and Experiential Agency Bamboo Crowd £80000 - £90000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Director - Innovative Advertising Agency Bamboo Crowd £55000 - £65000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review