AB InBev appoints UK marketing chief among restructure
AB InBev has shaken up its European marketing structure, appointing Iain Newell to oversee the UK marketing of its flagship beer brands.
Newell, who was previously Budweiser’s Western Europe marketing director, becomes UK marketing director, taking responsibility for all AB InBev brands in the UK. His work will focus on the key Stella Artois, Beck’s and Budweiser brands.
He will continue to oversee Budweiser at a European level. Newell joined InBev in 2010 from E&J Gallo, where he was European marketing director.
The creation of the UK role follows the departure of James Watson, Western European marketing director on Stella Artois, who left last year to take the top marketing position at Dairy Crest.
AB InBev had scrapped the UK marketing director job in 2009 when the incumbent at the time, Andreas Hilger, was promoted to vice-president of marketing, Western Europe.
According to off-trade Nielsen figures for the year to October 2012, Stella Artois is the UK’s top-selling lager brand with value sales of £462m. Over the same period, Budweiser sales were £251m.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Premium Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - Premium Beer Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + car + 30 % bonus potential!, Surrey
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014