Seat showcases Leon in augmented reality app
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 09:07AM
Seat, the Volkswagen-owned car marque, is launching an augmented reality app for visitors to its showrooms, to discover more about the new Leon.
The free app by AnalogFolk uses the camera of an iPad, iPhone or Android-based device to highlight the Leon's features, ahead of its March launch.
The app is powered by Blippar technology, which overlays information, images and video when the camera is pointed towards markers placed around the Leon. For instance, when a user points the app towards the front of the car, the app reveals details of the Leon's full LED headlamps.
Chris Stevens, the head of marketing at Seat, said: "Given the advanced technology in the new Leon, the augmented reality experience is a perfect way for our customers to have a shared experience with our dealers in the showroom."
The car marque awarded its £12m UK advertising account to Grey London in November 2012 without a pitch. Its media planning and buying is handled by MediaCom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Freelance Mid-Senior Digital Project Manager's required Source £200 - £350 per day, London
- Comms Account Manager- HUGE travel client £37K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k DOE, Based in King's Cross, London (N1)
- European Marketing Communications Manager Ninesharp £35 - £40 per hour, North West England
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office