Atomic London wins ad account for Love Smoothies
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 09:43AM
Atomic London, the start-up agency founded by the former DDB executives Nick Fox, Jon Goulding, Guy Bradbury and Richard Hill, has been awarded the advertising account for Love Smoothies.
Love Smoothies is the largest distributor of fruit for freshly-blended smoothies in the UK and is planning to expand its footprint through cafes and other fresh-serve outlets.
The agency has been tasked with creating a marketing strategy for the brand to take on the other leading smoothie brands in the UK. Its focus will be expanding distribution in major conurbations and conquering new audiences, as well as a share of the pre-packaged market.
Richard Canterbury, founder and chief executive of Love Smoothies, said: "I was keen to find an agency that could build a marketing strategy that not only created brand consideration, but really drove behaviour change amongst our key target audiences.
"As a challenger brand in the marketplace, we have to be smarter, more engaging and more innovative in changing entrenched habits amongst the smoothie-buying public."
Love Smoothies began as a stall in Borough Market in 2004 and the company now delivers pre-packaged frozen fruit which can be blended with juices to make fresh smoothies to cafes, restaurants and tourist attractions across the UK.
Canterbury said: "Atomic London’s focus and capability in delivering behaviour change gave me the confidence that we could build brand re-appraisal and deliver a hard ROI on trial, sales and distribution."
Atomic London was launched by the four former DDB executives in May 2012 and picked up the global advertising brief for the airline network Star Alliance in July.
Goulding added: "Love Smoothies is one of those undiscovered gems. As a product it knocks other Smoothie brands in to touch, but the challenge is gaining distribution and trial to help people discover it for themselves."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager AF Selection £25000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Account Exec - Cross Media Dot-Gap £31k , United Arab Emirates (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile