Channel 4 extends Utopia online with TH_NK
'Utopia', Channel 4's high-profile conspiracy drama that launches this evening, will be expanded online through 'The Utopia Inquiry', a digital experience created by TH_NK.
TH_NK, together with the production company Kudos, Channel 4 and writer Dennis Kelly, have joined forces to tell the stories behind the six-part series, creating a "transmedia" experience across multiple platforms.
'The Utopia Inquiry' will allow viewers to watch trailers and answer questions based on the debates raised by the programme, including ID theft, the nanny state and the things people surrender for the benefits of modern life.
The three main themes of the series will be mirrored online. It begins by asking how long users could outwit the "network", a shadowy organisation introduced in the first show. Users can explore what and how much data they share online, what organisations can access that data, and how they can use it.
The second theme discusses what people would have to give up to reduce their online and offline footprint. Channel 4 is keeping the third theme a secret.
Hilary Perkins, multiplatform commissioning editor, drama, Channel 4, said: "The Utopia Inquiry is the first multi-platform for a Channel 4 drama, and the result of a real collaboration between Channel 4, TH_NK and Kudos."
Rob Hinchcliffe, strategist at TH_NK, said: "This is clearly not something that has just been bolted on at the end, but has been part of the production all along. We’ve tried to make the big themes of the drama personal in a range of intriguing, challenging and entertaining ways."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Account Director- Programmatic Video Platform Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Account Manager EMEA - Ad-tech Company Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & benefits , London
- Senior PR Account MAnager - Digital AF Selection £30000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Birmingham
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile