Greggs launches first TV campaign in two years
By Teresa Fitzherbert, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 12:05PM
Greggs, the bakery group, has invested more than £1m in a new marketing campaign that includes its first TV ad in two years.
Starting tomorrow (16 January), the ad is part of a six-week integrated campaign promoting the company’s meal-deal offers and a scratch card offer, through TV and digital investment such as Facebook posts.
Graeme Nash, head of customer and marketing at Greggs, said: "The new campaign is focused on value, quality and freshness, and the great options available at Greggs."
He added that the TV ads, created by advertising agency Gratterpalm, were designed to show viewers that Greggs offered a welcome break from the day-to-day food choices that they had grown so tired of.
Nash said: "We wanted the campaign to capture how easy it is to make tastier choices in the New Year, even if you’re on a budget."
The copywriters at Gratterpalm were Matt Reid and Bill Lyne and the art directors were Vicki Munro and Paul Rutherford. The TV ad was directed by Tom Schiller at Spoke Films. Media was planned and bought by Carat.
The ad also highlights the scratch card giveaway that takes place with every meal deal purchased from today until Sunday 3 March. Prizes include instant food and drink at Greggs, or the chance to enter an online draw to win prizes such as a holiday for two to Brazil.
PR activity will run alongside the campaign, which will try to shed light on customers' lunchtime habits and how they enjoy their breaks through the day.
Other agencies involved in the campaign were Steel, Havas PR UK and UnMissable.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director (Corporate Communications) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £80k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Corporate Reporting Consultant/IR Corporate Communications Recruitment £50-£80k plus bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Corporate Communications Recruitment £30-£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham