Superdrug appoints Billington Cartmell to ad account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 05:21PM
Superdrug, the health and pharmaceutical retailer, has appointed Billington Cartmell to its £3m advertising account.
The appointment follows a pitch late last year that also included previous incumbents Uber and HMDG as well as Addiction, Brothers & Sisters, McCann Manchester and The Hub.
Superdrug has changed its ad strategy to run campaigns around seasonal events. The first Billington Cartmell ads will appear in February.
Matt Walburn, the Superdrug marketing director, said: "This year brings a new look and feel to our TV advertising. We’ve enjoyed great success with the ‘take another look’ campaign and now want to build on this with our new creative."
Billington Cartmell will work with Superdrug on a project-by-project basis across 2013, following a review which began in November.
Ade Thomas, the director at Billington Cartmell, said: "We’re proud to add Superdrug to our list of famous retail brands and look forward to delivering some truly engaging content."
Superdrug, part of the AS Watson Group, retains ZenithOptimedia as its media planning and buying agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show