Superdrug appoints Billington Cartmell to ad account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 05:21PM
Superdrug, the health and pharmaceutical retailer, has appointed Billington Cartmell to its £3m advertising account.
The appointment follows a pitch late last year that also included previous incumbents Uber and HMDG as well as Addiction, Brothers & Sisters, McCann Manchester and The Hub.
Superdrug has changed its ad strategy to run campaigns around seasonal events. The first Billington Cartmell ads will appear in February.
Matt Walburn, the Superdrug marketing director, said: "This year brings a new look and feel to our TV advertising. We’ve enjoyed great success with the ‘take another look’ campaign and now want to build on this with our new creative."
Billington Cartmell will work with Superdrug on a project-by-project basis across 2013, following a review which began in November.
Ade Thomas, the director at Billington Cartmell, said: "We’re proud to add Superdrug to our list of famous retail brands and look forward to delivering some truly engaging content."
Superdrug, part of the AS Watson Group, retains ZenithOptimedia as its media planning and buying agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Business Director/GAD Contract or perm Barker Graves 80/85K, central london
- Marketing Partnerships Manager Stopgap £48000 per annum, London
- Senior/ Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £21700 - £26000 per annum + Benefits, South East England
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign
- Archant hires former ITV sales director as first chief commercial officer