Superdrug appoints Billington Cartmell to ad account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 05:21PM
Superdrug, the health and pharmaceutical retailer, has appointed Billington Cartmell to its £3m advertising account.
The appointment follows a pitch late last year that also included previous incumbents Uber and HMDG as well as Addiction, Brothers & Sisters, McCann Manchester and The Hub.
Superdrug has changed its ad strategy to run campaigns around seasonal events. The first Billington Cartmell ads will appear in February.
Matt Walburn, the Superdrug marketing director, said: "This year brings a new look and feel to our TV advertising. We’ve enjoyed great success with the ‘take another look’ campaign and now want to build on this with our new creative."
Billington Cartmell will work with Superdrug on a project-by-project basis across 2013, following a review which began in November.
Ade Thomas, the director at Billington Cartmell, said: "We’re proud to add Superdrug to our list of famous retail brands and look forward to delivering some truly engaging content."
Superdrug, part of the AS Watson Group, retains ZenithOptimedia as its media planning and buying agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Premium Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - Premium Beer Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + car + 30 % bonus potential!, Surrey
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014