Superdrug appoints Billington Cartmell to ad account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 05:21PM
Superdrug, the health and pharmaceutical retailer, has appointed Billington Cartmell to its £3m advertising account.
The appointment follows a pitch late last year that also included previous incumbents Uber and HMDG as well as Addiction, Brothers & Sisters, McCann Manchester and The Hub.
Superdrug has changed its ad strategy to run campaigns around seasonal events. The first Billington Cartmell ads will appear in February.
Matt Walburn, the Superdrug marketing director, said: "This year brings a new look and feel to our TV advertising. We’ve enjoyed great success with the ‘take another look’ campaign and now want to build on this with our new creative."
Billington Cartmell will work with Superdrug on a project-by-project basis across 2013, following a review which began in November.
Ade Thomas, the director at Billington Cartmell, said: "We’re proud to add Superdrug to our list of famous retail brands and look forward to delivering some truly engaging content."
Superdrug, part of the AS Watson Group, retains ZenithOptimedia as its media planning and buying agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Account Exec - Cross Media Dot-Gap £31k , United Arab Emirates (AE)
- Global Media Manager - Cross Media Dot-Gap £47k , Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile