Superdrug appoints Billington Cartmell to ad account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 05:21PM
Superdrug, the health and pharmaceutical retailer, has appointed Billington Cartmell to its £3m advertising account.
The appointment follows a pitch late last year that also included previous incumbents Uber and HMDG as well as Addiction, Brothers & Sisters, McCann Manchester and The Hub.
Superdrug has changed its ad strategy to run campaigns around seasonal events. The first Billington Cartmell ads will appear in February.
Matt Walburn, the Superdrug marketing director, said: "This year brings a new look and feel to our TV advertising. We’ve enjoyed great success with the ‘take another look’ campaign and now want to build on this with our new creative."
Billington Cartmell will work with Superdrug on a project-by-project basis across 2013, following a review which began in November.
Ade Thomas, the director at Billington Cartmell, said: "We’re proud to add Superdrug to our list of famous retail brands and look forward to delivering some truly engaging content."
Superdrug, part of the AS Watson Group, retains ZenithOptimedia as its media planning and buying agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Client Sales Account Manager (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £40000 - £45000 per annum + 30% bonus , London
- Senior Online Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Brand Manager - Barcelona Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £50000 per annum + relocation + bonus, Spain
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad