Diet Coke celebrates its 30th anniversary
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 January 2013 12:14PM
Diet Coke celebrates its 30th anniversary in the UK and Europe this year and is to put the occasion at the heart of its marketing, in order to engage with its core female target audience in the aftermath of the Olympic Games.
Diet Coke was launched in 1982 in the US, and in the UK and Europe the following year.
In the US, the brand organised celebrations last year, including experiential activity involving guerrilla gangs of brand ambassadors throwing 30-second street parties for Diet Coke drinkers.
A similar level of activity is planned for the UK and Europe this year.
Here Marketing looks at some of Diet Coke's most memorable campaigns and iconic cans.Follow @JohnReynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £33,000, London
- Senior Data Planner/Analyst Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £75,000, London
- Partnerships Account Director - eCommerce Business Silverdrum to £45,000 + bonus + stock + benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity