Diet Coke celebrates its 30th anniversary
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 January 2013 12:14PM
Diet Coke celebrates its 30th anniversary in the UK and Europe this year and is to put the occasion at the heart of its marketing, in order to engage with its core female target audience in the aftermath of the Olympic Games.
Diet Coke was launched in 1982 in the US, and in the UK and Europe the following year.
In the US, the brand organised celebrations last year, including experiential activity involving guerrilla gangs of brand ambassadors throwing 30-second street parties for Diet Coke drinkers.
A similar level of activity is planned for the UK and Europe this year.
Here Marketing looks at some of Diet Coke's most memorable campaigns and iconic cans.Follow @JohnReynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Research Director Jarlett de Grouchy £65000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , London
- Insight Manager - Publisher Lipton Fleming £50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Publicity - Trade Books £40,000. London W1 Mark Paine Recruitment £40,000, London (Greater)
- Retail Copywriter Dahling Ltd Circa £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency