Diet Coke celebrates its 30th anniversary
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 January 2013 12:14PM
Diet Coke celebrates its 30th anniversary in the UK and Europe this year and is to put the occasion at the heart of its marketing, in order to engage with its core female target audience in the aftermath of the Olympic Games.
Diet Coke was launched in 1982 in the US, and in the UK and Europe the following year.
In the US, the brand organised celebrations last year, including experiential activity involving guerrilla gangs of brand ambassadors throwing 30-second street parties for Diet Coke drinkers.
A similar level of activity is planned for the UK and Europe this year.
Here Marketing looks at some of Diet Coke's most memorable campaigns and iconic cans.Follow @JohnReynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Project Manager - up to £50K, plus benefits, South West London Story Recruitment up to £50K+ good benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £45,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Insight Manager Direct Recruitment Up to £55,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Data Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £35,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday