Diet Coke celebrates its 30th anniversary
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 January 2013 12:14PM
Diet Coke celebrates its 30th anniversary in the UK and Europe this year and is to put the occasion at the heart of its marketing, in order to engage with its core female target audience in the aftermath of the Olympic Games.
Diet Coke was launched in 1982 in the US, and in the UK and Europe the following year.
In the US, the brand organised celebrations last year, including experiential activity involving guerrilla gangs of brand ambassadors throwing 30-second street parties for Diet Coke drinkers.
A similar level of activity is planned for the UK and Europe this year.
Here Marketing looks at some of Diet Coke's most memorable campaigns and iconic cans.Follow @JohnReynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Designer, Entertainment Sky Negotiable, London
- Creative Designer, 3D - Brand, Service and Product Innovation Bamboo Crowd £30,000 - £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Flame Artist - Visual Effects Sky Negotiable, London
- Innovation Director - Creative Direction & Design Management Bamboo Crowd £60k - £75k , London (Central)
- Sales Manager - Branded Content & programmatic solutions Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + commission & benefits, Manchester
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad