DCM hires former Emap exec Rob Tomalin to head business development
By Teresa Fitzherbert, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 January 2013 01:11PM
Digital Cinema Media (DCM), the cinema sales house, has appointed Rob Tomalin, a former senior commercial exec at Bauer Media-predecessor Emap, as its head of business development, replacing Joe Evea.
Tomalin will be in charge of realising multi-platform ad opportunities for DCM, following its switch to a new digital system. Tomalin will also lead DCM's new digital product development, with a focus on media owner partnerships and sponsorship.
Tomalin, who joined DCM this week, will report to Evea, who has been promoted to commercial director.
Most recently, Tomalin was sales and business development director at Columbus Travel Media, selling advertising for publications such as the World Travel Guide.
Tomalin started his media sales career at ITV where he spent seven years, before working at Capital Radio. He then moved on to Emap Consumer Media, now Bauer Consumer Media, to work in business development.
After working in a number of senior commercial roles at Emap, Tomalin led the strategic cross-media sales division, Emap2, from February 2007.
Evea said: "The advent of digital has made cinema a more flexible, more creative and more effective medium. Rob's wealth of experience and creativity make him the ideal candidate for DCM. This is a great time to be joining the company."
Tomalin said: "The current digital media revolution is seeing the sector undergo a massive transformation. The power of the medium has never been questioned and the opportunity for existing and new advertisers has just got significantly better."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of Social Media - leading advertising agency The Great & The Good £50,000 to £60,000 per annum plus benefits, Beautiful offices in central London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + other benefits , Slough
- Marketing & Communications Director Stopgap £70000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Lipton Fleming £28000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart