Coca-Cola, BSkyB and Cisco to discuss sustainability at inaugural summit
Coca-Cola, BSkyB, Cisco, and Siemens are among those brands who will discuss sustainable solutions as part of this month's Sustainable Events Summit.
The summit, organised by Positive Impact, Sustainable Events Ltd and Smyle, takes place at The Crystal in London’s Royal Victoria Dock on 24 January. The venue itself is Siemens’ new £30 million centre for urban sustainability and the one-day event will be a mix of case studies, panel discussions and ‘Meet the Expert’ advisory sessions.
Coca-Cola’s sustainability projects coordinator Olivia Knight-Adams (right) will join Tricia Thompson, director of cycling at BSkyB and Cisco’s senior event marketing manager, Ben Atherton to explore whether clients are demanding sustainability and how the supply chain should be learning to read sustainability signals.
Kevin Worster, director global projects for Siemens will team up with Shaun McCarthy, chair of the Commission for Sustainable London 2012 and Thomas Jelley, UK corporate citizenship manager at Sodexo to discuss, what brands look for when making sustainability purchasing decisions.
"We’re delighted that so many brands, events agencies and organisations will be joining us at this important first live summit," said Smyle managing director Rick Stainton. "We’ve also got Glasgow 2014 and SportAccord discussing sustainability in practice at sport events as well as a raft of what we’re calling ‘Living’ case studies from agencies and venues."
Fiona Pelham, managing director of not-for-profit organisation Positive Impact, has been chairing an advisory group to determine what a sustainable events industry should look like for the future.
She said: "The findings have helped us to shape the summit’s agenda. Delegates will be asked to pledge their support for ongoing sustainable strategies and engage with the wider community through our online portal to help these advancements occur."
More detail of the event is available on the dedicated website Sustainableeventssummit.com.
Readers of C&IT, Marketing, Event and Brand Republic are eligible for a 20% discount on tickets by quoting the code SES001 when booking.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India