The Village Communications wins Liberty department store media business
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 January 2013 03:26PM
The Village Communications, the7stars-backed media agency, has been appointed by the luxury department store Liberty to handle its media planning and buying.
The incumbent on the business was Olea Communications, which handles a range of luxury fashion clients.
The Village Communications, which is 25% owned by the7stars, has taken over the account for the Regent Street-based store with immediate effect.
Traditionally, media activity for Liberty has focused on luxury magazines and fashion and beauty publications. The agency will also be responsible for increasing digital activity across magazine apps.
Liberty was established in 1875 as a multi-purpose store selling fashion and homeware, and the business was bought by private equity firm BlueGem Capital Partners for £32m in 2010.
The Village Communications was founded last year by Richard Cox and Deidre MacNair, formerly a director and planner respectively at John Ayling .The agency’s founding client was First Drinks, the distribution arm of William Grant & Sons.
Working with brands such as Glenfiddich, Hendrick's Gin, Remy Martin and Cointreau, The Village Communications aims to offer strategic media planning, alongside events and experiential activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham