Ad veterans launch start-up Holmes Hobbs Marcantonio
Adrian Holmes, Steve Hobbs and Alfredo Marcantonio - three industry veterans with a combined age of 182 - have formed a start-up with a "back to basics" philosophy.
Holmes Hobbs Marcantonio brings together: Holmes, the former Lowe worldwide chairman and Y&R executive creative director for Europe, the Middle East and Africa; Hobbs, a creative services specialist; and Marcantonio, the ex-Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO vice-chairman.
The shop’s debut ad, for Prostate Cancer UK featuring the comedian Bill Bailey, is already on air.
"We’re very keen to bring back the written word," Holmes said. "The ad industry seems to have convinced itself that writing isn’t required any more. We think that’s wrong."
HHM, in which the three principals have equal shares, is the successor to MPH, the consultancy launched by Hobbs and Marcantonio nine years ago. MPH clients switching to HHM include Albert Bartlett.
The Folio Society, whose latest campaign, written by Holmes, has just broken, Serena Linley and Telegraph-Road Cycling complete the HHM portfolio.
The founders said they were also in talks with a brewery and a snack company.
"We think our main appeal will be to small entrepreneurial clients," Marcantonio said. "We’re doing this because we think there’s a role for an agency like ours."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- CRM & Online Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £45,000 plus benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Brand Manager / Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, East Midlands Region / West Midlands
- Market Research Analyst - World First Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (City of), London ...
- Half of online advertising will be wasted
- Vodafone to create play from tweets
- Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
- ZenithOptimedia retains O2 and snatches Spanish market
- An agency view on the 'right to be forgotten'
- Land Rover moves global content and social media to Brooklyn Brothers