Johnny Fearless lands Davidoff global brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 January 2013 08:00AM
Davidoff has appointed the start-up Johnny Fearless to its global ad account for its cigar brand after a four-way pitch.
The hiring, which covers Europe, the US and the Far East, comes as the brand looks to update its image and marketing communications.
The Oettinger Davidoff Group-owned tobacco brand has also hired the design shop Dew Gibbons to handle the global brand design of Davidoff cigars.
The pitch process was overseen by Charles Awad, the senior vice-president of global marketing and innovation at the Oettinger Davidoff Group.
Johnny Fearless has a brief to create global advertising to run in print and online and develop digital content for the brand. The account also covers experiential marketing, point-of-sale materials for Davidoff retailers and some input on store design.
Awad said: "We were delighted with the combination of design excellence and a truly inspirational advertising idea presented by the teams. We are looking forward to the start of a great working relationship."
Neil Hughston, the Johnny Fearless co-founder, said: "Davidoff cigars is one of those luxury brands with a long, illustrious past but that, at the same time, is looking at the future and how it can reach an audience that might not traditionally set foot in a Davidoff store. We’re really excited about working with them to make this happen."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager - Travel - Surrey - £44k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey
- Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £16000 - £20000 per annum, Yorkshire and the Humber / West Yorkshire / Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Licensing Assistant, FMCG Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £22000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater)
- Copywriter Beyond The Book £25000.00 - £32000.00 per annum, South East England / Oxfordshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred