Ex-MCBD trio launch shop
The former MCBD and Dare trio Helen Calcraft, Danny Brooke-Taylor and Andy Nairn are preparing to launch a start-up advertising agency in the spring.
The shop is expected to be independently owned and self-funded, and its launch will reunite the high-profile suit, creative and planner.
The start-up does not yet have a name.
Calcraft, who co-founded MCBD before becoming the chairman after its merger with Dare, scaled down her involvement with the agency before quitting in 2011. Brooke-Taylor, the joint executive creative director, resigned in February 2012, while Nairn, the chief strategy officer and last remaining former MCBD senior executive at Dare, left at the end of last year after a period on a freelance contract at the agency.
During their time at MCBD, the trio worked on campaigns such as the 2008 "go on lad" spot for Hovis and "essential Waitrose", which won gold at the 2010 IPA Effectiveness Awards.
MCBD was merged into Dare in November 2010 by its parent company Cossette UK, which was subsequently rebranded as EdC Europe.
Calcraft, Brooke-Taylor and Nairn would not comment on the agency launch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%