ESPN ad sparks debate about 'best league' in the world
By Teresa Fitzherbert, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 January 2013 09:29AM
ESPN is launching the next phase of its marketing campaign, 'We Speak Your Sport', by instigating a debate that asks, which is the best domestic football league in the world?
The ad, called "best league", is part of the wider ‘We Speak Your Sport’ push. It reveals how passionate the network and its presenters are about sport and will run on ESPN's TV channels and websites from tomorrow.
The ad features ESPN presenters Ray Stubbs, Chris Waddle and Kevin Keegan, arguing about their favourite sports. It ends by asking the audience what they think.
ESPN rugby presenters Ben Kay and Mark Durden-Smith also appear.
The broadcaster wants to initiate debates about topical sporting topics such as "who is the best rugby fly-half in the world?".
The creative was produced and conceived in-house by ESPN’s on-air promos team, led by Sam Murphy, ESPN promos manager, and the marketing team, led by Alex Lowe, associate marketing director at ESPN.
Lowe said: "Sports fans aren’t passive viewers, and at ESPN we are just as passionate about sport. We want to demonstrate our understanding of sports fans, their passion and insight. We want to communicate the message that we are sports fans just like our audience."
The latest stage of ‘We Speak Your Sport’ follows the launch of the network’s 2012/13 cross-media advertising and promotional campaign, ‘Cup Of Dreams’, in support of its live televised coverage of the 2012/13 FA Cup.
ESPN will no longer broadcast coverage of the Barclays Premier League from the 2013/14 season, following BT's surprise swoop for the broadcast rights.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Paid Search Account Manager - PPC Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Lead - Leading Dig Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [BTL / Promotions / Digital] - £45k - £50k + bonus! Fill Recruitment £45k - £50k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Account Director [Contract] - BTL / Promotions - European role - to £50k pro rata Fill Recruitment to £50k pro rata, plus bonus and superb benefits., London (Greater)
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control