HTC parts with Mother and moves £100m global ad business in-house
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 January 2013 08:28AM
HTC, the smartphone company, has parted ways with Mother, the incumbent on its estimated £100m global ad business, moving its advertising in-house.
Mother won the global account in March last year after a pitch against HTC's US incumbent, Deutsch LA, and its agency in Asia, Saatchi & Saatchi Singapore, after picking up the pan-European business in July 2011.
HTC's contract with Mother had come to an end and the company has now moved its global advertising business in-house to be run out of its headquarters in Taiwan.
HTC has been suffering financial woes lately, losing market share to rivals such as Samung.
Earlier this month, HTC announced that fourth-quarter operating income fell by 95% to just NT$0.6bn (£12m) on revenues, down by 41% to NT$60bn (£1.2bn).
Mother's last major global campaign for HTC featured TV and digital work showing the world's first free-fall fashion shoot filmed on a mobile phone.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Client Sales Executive - Untapped, unlimited potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Head of Digital MCG Associates Very Attractive Tax Free Package, Dubai - UAE
- Marketing Manager - Youth Brand Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG - URGENT NEED Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool