Maximuscle signs product placement deal for Celebrity Big Brother task
By Teresa Fitzherbert, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 18 January 2013 10:52AM
GlaxoSmithKline's Maximuscle protein shakes and Maximuscle-branded gym equipment are set to feature in a fitness task in the 'Celebrity Big Brother' house.
On Tuesday's show the celebrity housemates will be put to the test in a fitness-based task in which contestants will have to sweat for shopping money. The more they sweat the more money they win.
The product placement deal will place Maximuscle protein shakes feature alongside Maximuscle-branded gym equipment and accessories and bathroom products. The housemates will also wear branded sweat suits.
The partnership was negotiated for GSK by MediaCom with Channel 5's partnerships team and Endemol, the 'Big Brother' creator and production company.
Mark Antrobus, marketing executive at GlaxoSmithKline UK, said: "'Big Brother' is one of the most successful shows on TV in recent times and the partnership will allow us to highlight the importance of protein in your diet to a nationwide audience."
According to figures from Channel 5, the average viewing audience for this year's 'Celebrity Big Brother' is 2.3 million, the same as its performance in January last year but 18% more than the show's average in summer 2012.
Dan Mogridge, associate director at MediaCom believes this deal will help extend Maximuscle’s reach "not just by using product placement, but by integrating Maximuscle into the show with relevant and engaging challenges".
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director, Channel 5, said: "It’s great to work in such an innovative way with an established health and fitness brand like Maximuscle and moreover, to extend this partnership to the GSK mother brand."
The headline sponsor of 'Celebrity Big Brother' is bed shop Dreams and earlier this month Channel 5 signed a click-to-buy and product placement deal with Very.co.uk.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne