Guinness launches £5.5m 'Made Of More' campaign with helpful town clock
Guinness has unveiled the second instalment of its 'Made Of More' marketing campaign, this time featuring a do-gooding clock.
The spot, which forms part of a £5.5m marketing drive, breaks today on the brand's social media channels, and will air on TV from 24 January.
The ad, which has been created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, will have a 60-second and a 30-second creative. It continues to push the new Guinness brand positioning – that it is 'Made Of More', according the brewer Diageo, means "never settling for the ordinary".
The previous ad showed a cloud charting its own course and this one carries on the theme via the metaphor of a clock.
Set in Bohemia in the 1890s, the ad tells the story of a town's clock that influences time to enhance the wellbeing of the public – either by accelerating time for a boring task to go faster, reversing time to avoid an unfortunate event, or pausing time to allow a precious moment to last longer.
The film ends by merging the clock's face into the top of a pint of Guinness.
Nick Britton, Guinness marketing manager, said: "We will continue to invest in Guinness throughout 2013 to drive its point of difference versus other brands in the beer category, and we are confident that this latest instalment will drive even greater affinity with this truly iconic brand."Follow @gemma_charles
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Kent Twist Recruitment £28000.00 - £33000 per annum, London
- eCRM Specialist Salt £25000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus and Bens, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014