Guinness launches £5.5m 'Made Of More' campaign with helpful town clock
Guinness has unveiled the second instalment of its 'Made Of More' marketing campaign, this time featuring a do-gooding clock.
The spot, which forms part of a £5.5m marketing drive, breaks today on the brand's social media channels, and will air on TV from 24 January.
The ad, which has been created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, will have a 60-second and a 30-second creative. It continues to push the new Guinness brand positioning – that it is 'Made Of More', according the brewer Diageo, means "never settling for the ordinary".
The previous ad showed a cloud charting its own course and this one carries on the theme via the metaphor of a clock.
Set in Bohemia in the 1890s, the ad tells the story of a town's clock that influences time to enhance the wellbeing of the public – either by accelerating time for a boring task to go faster, reversing time to avoid an unfortunate event, or pausing time to allow a precious moment to last longer.
The film ends by merging the clock's face into the top of a pint of Guinness.
Nick Britton, Guinness marketing manager, said: "We will continue to invest in Guinness throughout 2013 to drive its point of difference versus other brands in the beer category, and we are confident that this latest instalment will drive even greater affinity with this truly iconic brand."Follow @gemma_charles
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Cambridge
- Strategy Lead MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary, New York (State) (US)
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £22,000, Warwickshire
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London