LoveFilm partners C4 to bolster TV content offering
LoveFilm has partnered with Channel 4 to bolster its TV content offering, as it strives to gain an edge over arch-rival Netflix.
Amazon-owned LoveFilm will offer subscribers access to archived content from the broadcaster’s 4 on Demand (4oD) service.
Initial content to be offered via the partnership will include shows such as 'Peep Show', 'Father Ted', 'The Inbetweeners', 'Friday Night Dinner', 'Queer as Folk' and 'Teachers'.
Content will be hosted on a specially branded 4oD channel that Channel 4 claims will expand over time to feature other popular shows including series seven of 'Shameless' and every episode of 'The IT Crowd'.
LoveFilm has previously struck deals with companies including ABC, Twentieth Century Fox and the BBC to host TV content including 'Grey’s Anatomy', '24', 'Desperate Housewives', and 'Fawlty Towers'.
Jim Buckle, managing director at LoveFilm, said the deal aims to "bring even more iconic British content to the service."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief