LoveFilm partners C4 to bolster TV content offering
LoveFilm has partnered with Channel 4 to bolster its TV content offering, as it strives to gain an edge over arch-rival Netflix.
Amazon-owned LoveFilm will offer subscribers access to archived content from the broadcaster’s 4 on Demand (4oD) service.
Initial content to be offered via the partnership will include shows such as 'Peep Show', 'Father Ted', 'The Inbetweeners', 'Friday Night Dinner', 'Queer as Folk' and 'Teachers'.
Content will be hosted on a specially branded 4oD channel that Channel 4 claims will expand over time to feature other popular shows including series seven of 'Shameless' and every episode of 'The IT Crowd'.
LoveFilm has previously struck deals with companies including ABC, Twentieth Century Fox and the BBC to host TV content including 'Grey’s Anatomy', '24', 'Desperate Housewives', and 'Fawlty Towers'.
Jim Buckle, managing director at LoveFilm, said the deal aims to "bring even more iconic British content to the service."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- UI Designer - Android - London - £45,000 - £55,000 Red Sofa London £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Soccerex £35,000 - £38,000 depending on experience, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Premier Consultants up to £32,000 plus benefits,
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents