Ford renews sponsorship of TalkSport's Alan Brazil Breakfast Show
By Charlotte Henry, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 January 2013 09:12AM
Ford has renewed its seven-figure sponsorship of TalkSport's 'Alan Brazil Breakfast Show' and the station's live commentary of Uefa Champions League football matches.
It will be the 10th consecutive year Ford has sponsored the 'Alan Brazil Breakfast Show' and for the first time, it will also run across TalkSport's online offering as well as its sister print magazine, Sport.
The deal was brokered by media agency Mindshare.
The on-air reads will alter depending on different promotions throughout the year, although essentially it will continue to be 'Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast with Ford', while the print and online ads will run around Champions League content.
Brazil has hosted the breakfast show for 12 years, and had 1.3 million listeners according to the most recent set of Rajar results (Q3 2012). TalkSport has more than three million listeners a week in the UK.
Matthew Rouse, account director, Mindshare, said: "Ford's exclusive sponsorship of TalkSport's Champions League coverage also allows unique access to the second Champions League final at Wembley in three years.
"2013 is shaping up to be the biggest-ever year for the Ford Transit brand and TalkSport is an essential platform for Ford to speak directly to this commercial vehicle's audience."
The deal has been renewed for one year from the start of February, when the Champions League recommences.
Ford is an official sponsor of the Uefa Champions League.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £29,000 - £37,000 + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000- £59,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad