Daily Diary - John Lewis snowman's journey continues
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 January 2013 11:51AM
With all this snow around John Lewis staff in Newbury thought it was only fitting that the UK's most famous snowman, which found recognition through its Christmas ad, made a comical appearance in a spoof video that continues his journey.
The three-minute long spoof video shows the next phase of the snowman’s epic Christmas journey, featured in the ad, "the journey" by Adam&Eve/DDB, but this time through a John Lewis home store in Newbury.
The video, filmed by John Lewis staff "partners" during their lunch break, features the snowman entering the store to check out a fridge freezer, 3D TV and a Sat Nav. It also uses the same track from the original – Gabrielle Aplin's cover of 'The Power of Love'.
The snowman is then left in the store’s staff room before escaping down the escalator to the checkout while being applauded by staff.
The video finishes with ‘Where will he go next?’ A final adventure is expected if this YouTube video gets 10,000 views.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Category Analyst Jarlett de Grouchy £28000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Surrey
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Group Product Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 + car allowance + benefits , London (Greater)
- Marketing Exec, Healthcare, Surrey Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Private Healthcare, Contrib Pension, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents