Daily Diary - John Lewis snowman's journey continues
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 January 2013 11:51AM
With all this snow around John Lewis staff in Newbury thought it was only fitting that the UK's most famous snowman, which found recognition through its Christmas ad, made a comical appearance in a spoof video that continues his journey.
The three-minute long spoof video shows the next phase of the snowman’s epic Christmas journey, featured in the ad, "the journey" by Adam&Eve/DDB, but this time through a John Lewis home store in Newbury.
The video, filmed by John Lewis staff "partners" during their lunch break, features the snowman entering the store to check out a fridge freezer, 3D TV and a Sat Nav. It also uses the same track from the original – Gabrielle Aplin's cover of 'The Power of Love'.
The snowman is then left in the store’s staff room before escaping down the escalator to the checkout while being applauded by staff.
The video finishes with ‘Where will he go next?’ A final adventure is expected if this YouTube video gets 10,000 views.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email email@example.com
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief