Daily Diary - John Lewis snowman's journey continues
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 January 2013 11:51AM
With all this snow around John Lewis staff in Newbury thought it was only fitting that the UK's most famous snowman, which found recognition through its Christmas ad, made a comical appearance in a spoof video that continues his journey.
The three-minute long spoof video shows the next phase of the snowman’s epic Christmas journey, featured in the ad, "the journey" by Adam&Eve/DDB, but this time through a John Lewis home store in Newbury.
The video, filmed by John Lewis staff "partners" during their lunch break, features the snowman entering the store to check out a fridge freezer, 3D TV and a Sat Nav. It also uses the same track from the original – Gabrielle Aplin's cover of 'The Power of Love'.
The snowman is then left in the store’s staff room before escaping down the escalator to the checkout while being applauded by staff.
The video finishes with ‘Where will he go next?’ A final adventure is expected if this YouTube video gets 10,000 views.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email email@example.com
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- The role of private equity in adland
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show