Benetton to feature trans-sexual Brazilian model in Spring/Summer campaign
United Colors of Benetton is aligning the social issues it features in brand advertising with its product campaigns for the first time, through activity starring both a trans-sexual and disabled model.
The product campaign, which launched in Paris this week, is seeking to drive home Benetton’s commitment to tackling taboo subjects by recruiting disabled German model Mario Galla and Lea T, a trans-sexual Brazilian model seeking to overcome prejudice.
In total, the product campaign for Benetton's Spring/Summer collection stars nine ambassadors the brand believes are trendsetters.
Limited edition T-shirts with images from the campaign will be sold through Benetton’s website. All proceeds from T-shirt sales will be donated to support activities of the Unhate Foundation charity, which has been set up to support the retailer’s "Unhate" brand activity.
Benetton’s focus on colour in the product campaign is paving the way for a new website, which will aggregate user-generated feeds from Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to build an online community "entirely dedicated to colours".
Activity for the product campaign has been created by Fabrica and will run online, outdoor and in press.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014