Betfair launches pan-European media pitch
Betfair, the betting exchange, has contacted agencies ahead of a pan-European media planning and buying pitch.
It is understood that Betfair contacted agencies on Tuesday to inform them it was planning to review its media arrangements in the UK and select European markets.
Sources said that Betfair, which spends £3 million on above-the-line UK media, has made the initial approaches ahead of chemistry meetings planned for next month.
Betfair appointed Arena Media to its UK planning and buying account in January last year without a pitch. Before that, it worked with WPP’s MCHI (now M/SIX).
MCHI was appointed after a pitch for Betfair’s UK media business in 2009, beating the incumbent, Maxus. In February last year, Betfair criticised the odds offered by bookmakers as part of a marketing campaign that ran across Europe. The work used the strapline "Don’t settle for less" and was created in-house.
Karmarama was appointed to Betfair’s digital account in October 2011 after a pitch and the brand hired Big Al’s Creative Emporium to work on its advertising account in June that year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Comms Account Manager- HUGE travel client £37K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k DOE, Based in King's Cross, London (N1)
- European Marketing Communications Manager Ninesharp £35 - £40 per hour, North West England
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £130 - £150 per day, Egham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office