Betfair launches pan-European media pitch
Betfair, the betting exchange, has contacted agencies ahead of a pan-European media planning and buying pitch.
It is understood that Betfair contacted agencies on Tuesday to inform them it was planning to review its media arrangements in the UK and select European markets.
Sources said that Betfair, which spends £3 million on above-the-line UK media, has made the initial approaches ahead of chemistry meetings planned for next month.
Betfair appointed Arena Media to its UK planning and buying account in January last year without a pitch. Before that, it worked with WPP’s MCHI (now M/SIX).
MCHI was appointed after a pitch for Betfair’s UK media business in 2009, beating the incumbent, Maxus. In February last year, Betfair criticised the odds offered by bookmakers as part of a marketing campaign that ran across Europe. The work used the strapline "Don’t settle for less" and was created in-house.
Karmarama was appointed to Betfair’s digital account in October 2011 after a pitch and the brand hired Big Al’s Creative Emporium to work on its advertising account in June that year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham