EDC turns to Hammersley
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 January 2013 07:00AM
Paul Hammersley, the former managing partner and co-founder of The Red Brick Road, has joined EDC Communications, the owner of Dare and Elvis, as its UK group chief executive.
Hammersley, who left TRBR in November last year, replaces Gregor Angus, who takes a soon-to-be-confirmed new role within Vision7 International, the holding group within which EDC sits.
Starting his EDC role in March, Hammersley will report to Brett Marchand, the group’s president and global chief executive.
EDC, which also owns the PR agency Citizen Relations and the design shop Identica, said Hammersley was hired for his strong leadership track record in the UK and the US.
Before co-founding TRBR in 2005, Hammersley was the chief executive and chairman of DDB London for a year and the chief executive of Lowe North America from 2001 to 2004. He was also the chief executive of Lowe London after spending the first nine years of his career at Saatchi & Saatchi.
Marchand said: "Paul and I worked together at Lowe. He’s an impressive individual with great creative vision and leadership skills. He is the perfect fit for EDC and our future plans."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director, up to £52k, plus benefits - Integrated, Social, Content, ATL Role - AMAZING ROLE! MODA consult up to £52k + benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager or top end Account Manager, Digital role, iconic British Retail brand £35k MODA consult £30k - £35k + excellent benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - Freelance, Experiential / Promotional, 2 month, great day rate! MODA consult £185 - £200 per day, Central London
- Digital Manager PFJ £34000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager - freelance roles, £350 per day, at least 3 - 6 months work MODA consult £350 per day, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Canadian airline's Christmas 'miracle' tops chart
- KFC unveils Twitter comp winner in X Factor ad
- EE uses Santa as a case study to promote 4G
- VCCP on becoming Advertising Agency of the Year
- Luca Lindner named as global president of McCann
- Chinese marketing company buys We Are Social