Agencies line up for Nando's ad account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 January 2013 07:00AM
Nando's, the restaurant chain, is on the hunt for an agency to handle its advertising.
The brand, which has most recently worked with Wieden & Kennedy, is conducting the search via The Observatory.
Nando’s appointed Wieden & Kennedy to handle a print and digital campaign last year.
The work, called "find yourself", aimed to show that people can have a spicy chicken dish tailor-made to suit them. The press, outdoor and digital campaign offered six different "spice personas" to help people choose which peri-peri sauce suits them. Creative drove people to social media channels by including a #findyourself hashtag.
In 2011, the Portuguese-themed restaurant launched a digital campaign fronted by the US comedian Reggie Watts, encouraging consumers to "make some noise".
Nando’s boosted its digital credentials in June last year by appointing a head of digital, Jonathan Hopkins, who previously ran the digital consultancy Shed.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'