Agencies line up for Nando's ad account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 January 2013 07:00AM
Nando's, the restaurant chain, is on the hunt for an agency to handle its advertising.
The brand, which has most recently worked with Wieden & Kennedy, is conducting the search via The Observatory.
Nando’s appointed Wieden & Kennedy to handle a print and digital campaign last year.
The work, called "find yourself", aimed to show that people can have a spicy chicken dish tailor-made to suit them. The press, outdoor and digital campaign offered six different "spice personas" to help people choose which peri-peri sauce suits them. Creative drove people to social media channels by including a #findyourself hashtag.
In 2011, the Portuguese-themed restaurant launched a digital campaign fronted by the US comedian Reggie Watts, encouraging consumers to "make some noise".
Nando’s boosted its digital credentials in June last year by appointing a head of digital, Jonathan Hopkins, who previously ran the digital consultancy Shed.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £45-50k plus bonus, Homeworking/flexible UK
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'