Tributes pour in for O&M's Russell Benson
Tributes have been paid to Russell Benson, Ogilvy & Mather's head of television production, who passed away from heart failure at the beginning of the year, aged 37.
Benson had worked at O&M for more than eight years. He joined in 2004 and became head of department in 2007. He began his career at Saatchi & Saatchi, before moving to M&C Saatchi and then Lowe Howard Spink.
During his career at O&M, Benson worked on several famous ads, including Europcar’s 'Dance' and MTV Switch’s 'Al Gore'.
Gerry Human, chief creative officer of O&M London, said: "I miss Russell's vitality, passion and energy. Not only was he an outstanding and widely respected producer, but he was also a wonderful human being. It is almost impossible to believe that he is no longer with us."
A memorial event, supported by Russell’s partner Sally Miller, and his parents, will take place in central London. Details will be announced shortly.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Leading Agency! Ascent Solutions Up to £50,000 + excellent benefits package, London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager - Fast Growing Ladies Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution £35,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - Leading Agency! Ascent Solutions Up to £40,000 + Fantastic benefits!, Central London
- Digital Associate Director Aspire £225 - £275 per day, London
- Campaign Executive - Middlesex - Perm Ninesharp £30000 - £32000 per annum + Great Benefits, Brentford
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push