Tributes pour in for O&M's Russell Benson
Tributes have been paid to Russell Benson, Ogilvy & Mather's head of television production, who passed away from heart failure at the beginning of the year, aged 37.
Benson had worked at O&M for more than eight years. He joined in 2004 and became head of department in 2007. He began his career at Saatchi & Saatchi, before moving to M&C Saatchi and then Lowe Howard Spink.
During his career at O&M, Benson worked on several famous ads, including Europcar’s 'Dance' and MTV Switch’s 'Al Gore'.
Gerry Human, chief creative officer of O&M London, said: "I miss Russell's vitality, passion and energy. Not only was he an outstanding and widely respected producer, but he was also a wonderful human being. It is almost impossible to believe that he is no longer with us."
A memorial event, supported by Russell’s partner Sally Miller, and his parents, will take place in central London. Details will be announced shortly.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Producer Guru Careers £25 - 35k (DOE), Based in Southampton, Hampshire (SO14) - commutable from Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Salisbury
- Account Traffick Manager Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Watford
- Digital Product Manager/ Product Owner Purple Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Partnership Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare