Tributes pour in for O&M's Russell Benson
Tributes have been paid to Russell Benson, Ogilvy & Mather's head of television production, who passed away from heart failure at the beginning of the year, aged 37.
Benson had worked at O&M for more than eight years. He joined in 2004 and became head of department in 2007. He began his career at Saatchi & Saatchi, before moving to M&C Saatchi and then Lowe Howard Spink.
During his career at O&M, Benson worked on several famous ads, including Europcar’s 'Dance' and MTV Switch’s 'Al Gore'.
Gerry Human, chief creative officer of O&M London, said: "I miss Russell's vitality, passion and energy. Not only was he an outstanding and widely respected producer, but he was also a wonderful human being. It is almost impossible to believe that he is no longer with us."
A memorial event, supported by Russell’s partner Sally Miller, and his parents, will take place in central London. Details will be announced shortly.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014