Tributes pour in for O&M's Russell Benson
Tributes have been paid to Russell Benson, Ogilvy & Mather's head of television production, who passed away from heart failure at the beginning of the year, aged 37.
Benson had worked at O&M for more than eight years. He joined in 2004 and became head of department in 2007. He began his career at Saatchi & Saatchi, before moving to M&C Saatchi and then Lowe Howard Spink.
During his career at O&M, Benson worked on several famous ads, including Europcar’s 'Dance' and MTV Switch’s 'Al Gore'.
Gerry Human, chief creative officer of O&M London, said: "I miss Russell's vitality, passion and energy. Not only was he an outstanding and widely respected producer, but he was also a wonderful human being. It is almost impossible to believe that he is no longer with us."
A memorial event, supported by Russell’s partner Sally Miller, and his parents, will take place in central London. Details will be announced shortly.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Media Planner / Buyer - DRTV & Brand Response TV ADLIB £24k - £28k + Bonus, North Somerset
- Content Manager Mortimer Spinks £22000 - £29000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits , Rugby
- Senior Integrated Project Manager Premier Media £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure