Spanish bank BBVA reviews its global creative business
BBVA, Spain's second-largest bank, is reviewing its creative agency requirements and looking to appoint a single agency group to handle its global business across all channels.
The bank currently works with Havas Worldwide and some local agencies on its creative work across the world, and is seeking to integrate its creative account into a single holding group.
The appointed agency network or networks will work with BBVA in more than 11 markets across Europe (including Spain and Portugal), North America and Latin America (including Argentina, Chile and Mexico).
BBVA's review began last year with five major networks and, following the first round of presentations, Interpublic’s McCann Worldgroup, Omnicom’s DDB, and WPP’s Grey and Wunderman have been shortlisted.
Pitches are expected to take place soon and the review is being held through the Spanish-headquartered intermediary, Grupo Consultores (GC) and is led by its Spanish team.
The bank is also reviewing its media agency requirements through GC and has invited the big-six holding groups to participate. The incumbents on the media business are MPG in Europe, and OMD in the Americas.
In September 2010, BBVA signed a marketing partnership with the US National Basketball Association and launched an NBA-themed campaign that Christmas.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Technical Project Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- 2D Retail Designer Purple Consultancy £220 - £260 per day, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch