Diet Coke unveils 30th anniversary 'hunk' ad
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 January 2013 11:30AM
Diet Coke has unveiled its latest TV commercial, created by BETC London, to coincide with its 30th anniversary.
The agency has reintroduced the Coke hunk in a 60-second spot called "the gardener", which uses the Etta James track ‘I Just Want To Make Love To You’ from the famous Diet Coke "hunk" spot from 1996.
BETC London, which was appointed to the £40m pan-European Diet Coke creative account last August, has created a spot featuring a group of female Diet Coke drinkers on a hill.
The women spot the "hunk" mowing the grass and one of them rolls a can of the drink towards him as part of a plan to induce him to remove his t-shirt.
On its Facebook page, the brand states, "'I just wanna make love to you!' Here's your very first look at the new Diet Coke Hunk! Don't forget to share with your friends..."
The full ad appeared on the Facebook page at 11.30am today (the time in the original ad) and will air on TV from March as part of an integrated campaign.
Clive Pickering was the writer of the ad and Neil Dawson was the art director. It was directed by Rocky Morton from MJZ.
Last year, Campaign's sister magazine Marketing revealed Diet Coke was going to put its 30th birthday at the centre of its UK marketing plans for 2013.
Diet Coke also brought back its hunk in January 2007 in a spot by Vallance Carruthers Coleman Priest (now VCCP).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director/ Senior Account Director... Dahling Ltd £35-£75k depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior PPC Manager Aspire £150 - £200 per day, London
- PPC/ Paid Search Account Manager - Agency - Financial Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Corporate Communications Executive, London, 6 month FTC Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Central London