Celebrity Big Brother bows out with four million viewers
By Charlotte Henry, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 28 January 2013 03:51PM
'Celebrity Big Brother' ended its run on Channel 5 on Friday with a peak audience of four million watching former 'X Factor' contestant Rylan Clark become the winner, beating the 3.8 million viewers who saw Denise Welch win in 2012.
According to unofficial overnight figures, the programme was watched by 3.04 million people on Channel 5 and Channel 5 HD between 9pm and 11pm, with a further 164,400 watching it on Channel 5+1.
The average audiences, both including 5+1 and without, were slightly ahead of the 2012 figures.
Across Channel 5, Channel 5 HD and Channel 5 +1, the five-minute peak audience was 3.97 million viewers, beating the 3.8 million who watched Welch’s victory last year, but down on this year's launch show.
Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag from 'The Hills' were runners up in the final, and ex-footballer Neil 'Razor'’ Ruddock came third.
Bed retailer Dreams, in a deal brokered by Starcom, sponsored this series of 'Celebrity Big Brother' and the show also featured product placement from Very.co.uk and Maximuscle.
'Celebrity Big Brother' was the second most-watched program at 9pm, with only BBC One's 'Silent Witness' beating it with 5.78 million viewers across SD and HD, a 23.6% share of the TV-watching audience.
'Great Night Out', ITV's new comedy starring Ricky Tomlinson and set in a local pub, was watched by 2.52 million on ITV, a 10.3% share of the available audience.
Elsewhere at the 9pm hour, Jimmy Carr's '8 out of 10 Cats' was watched by 1.34 million on Channel 4 and Channel 4 HD, and 'Italy Unpacked' attracted 1.52 million viewers on BBC Two and BBC HD.
Sister show 'Big Brother's Bit On The Side', which followed the final, was watched by 1.26 million on Channel 5 and Channel 5 HD, with an additional 120,000 viewers watching on Channel 5+1.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Community Manager / Social Media Manager, £30k MODA consult up to £30k + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director or Senior Account Director, £50k - £65k - Covent Garden Creative Agency MODA consult £50k - £65k + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager, Booze brand, Integrated, £26k - £35k, creative East London agency MODA consult £26k - £35k + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)