Kellogg restructures marketing team in wake of Pringles purchase
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 January 2013 08:00AM
Kellogg's UK marketing chief, Peter Harrison, is to assume a more commercial role following the company's acquisition of snack brand Pringles.
Last year’s deal has prompted Kellogg to split its European business into two units, ‘cereal’ and ‘snack’, based in Dublin and Geneva respectively.
Harrison’s role is subsequently changing from marketing director to marketing and commercial director. He is expected to take on additional commercial responsibilities alongside his day-to-day UK cereal marketing duties.
It is understood that the restructure has led to about 10 UK-based marketers moving from Kellogg’s UK headquarters in Manchester to the new divisions in Dublin and Geneva.
The restructure is not expected to lead to any redundancies.
Kellogg bought Pringles from Procter & Gamble last year for £1.8bn.
Separately, it has been revealed that Kellogg is to relaunch its healthy-living breakfast cereal Special K with a £5m ad campaign and the first reformulation of the product in 30 years.
From April, all variants of the cereal will include barley, as well as wheat and rice. The new recipe has been tested in Italy and Spain.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- Creative Director - Digital Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £30,000, Greater Manchester
- Communications Assistant AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham