Taco Bell unveils first Super Bowl ad since 2010
Taco Bell has launched its first Super Bowl ad in three years, which features elderly friends escaping from their retirement home to go clubbing, get a tattoo and break into a swimming pool before heading to one of the brand's Mexican fast food restaurants for something to eat.
The "viva young" ad by Deutsch LA was directed by Noam Murro from Biscuit Filmworks. The soundtrack uses a Spanish version of the Grammy-nominated song, ‘We Are Young’ by Fun.
Mark Hunter was the chief creative officer on the ad, working with group creative director Brett Craig, senior art director Gordy Sang and senior copywriter Brian Siedband.
As part of the activity Taco Bell will direct consumers to its Facebook page where they can learn about a post-game giveaway for a free churro with any purchase during regular store hours on 4 February.
Taco Bell launched its last ad during the Super Bowl in 2010. The spot featured the retired basketball player Charles Barkley and current basketball player Lamar Odom.
Ahead of the Super Bowl on Sunday the video of the ad was made available to view online on YouTube yesterday.
Brian Niccol, chief marketing and innovation officer, Taco Bell Corp, said: "By releasing ‘viva young’ online before the Super Bowl, we’re rewarding our biggest fans and bringing them inside the brand.
"We want to share the spot with our Team Members, franchisees and online fans first so they’re in the know before Super Bowl Sunday, so we can engage with them in social and digital spaces."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood