Taco Bell unveils first Super Bowl ad since 2010
Taco Bell has launched its first Super Bowl ad in three years, which features elderly friends escaping from their retirement home to go clubbing, get a tattoo and break into a swimming pool before heading to one of the brand's Mexican fast food restaurants for something to eat.
The "viva young" ad by Deutsch LA was directed by Noam Murro from Biscuit Filmworks. The soundtrack uses a Spanish version of the Grammy-nominated song, ‘We Are Young’ by Fun.
Mark Hunter was the chief creative officer on the ad, working with group creative director Brett Craig, senior art director Gordy Sang and senior copywriter Brian Siedband.
As part of the activity Taco Bell will direct consumers to its Facebook page where they can learn about a post-game giveaway for a free churro with any purchase during regular store hours on 4 February.
Taco Bell launched its last ad during the Super Bowl in 2010. The spot featured the retired basketball player Charles Barkley and current basketball player Lamar Odom.
Ahead of the Super Bowl on Sunday the video of the ad was made available to view online on YouTube yesterday.
Brian Niccol, chief marketing and innovation officer, Taco Bell Corp, said: "By releasing ‘viva young’ online before the Super Bowl, we’re rewarding our biggest fans and bringing them inside the brand.
"We want to share the spot with our Team Members, franchisees and online fans first so they’re in the know before Super Bowl Sunday, so we can engage with them in social and digital spaces."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Brand Consultant Hasson Associates Up to £40k + car allowance, Buckinghamshire
- Brand Strategist - Maternity Cover at Trends, Innovation & Brand Strategy Consultancy Emma & Rachael & You £35 - £40k pro rata, Central London
- Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annum, Reading