MediaCom hires Marco Ramos to run Sky account
By Charlotte Henry, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 January 2013 09:18AM
MediaCom has hired Marco Ramos, a former communications planning director and joint head of performance at Carat, to lead its BSkyB account as managing partner, ahead of the departure of Tim Ainsworth.
Ramos will report to chief operating officer Josh Krichefski and will lead a team of more than 60 people working on the Sky business.
While at Carat, Ramos was the client lead on the Santander account, working on the major rebrand of the high-street bank from Abbey. He also previously worked on campaigns for British Gas, The AA and Npower.
Krichefski said: "Marco brings 14 years of experience, helping clients balance their brand and response-based activities, and was the obvious choice to lead the Sky Team."
Ramos said: "I‘m a massive fan of Sky as a customer and am really excited to be joining a team that is rich with some of the most passionate, clever, innovative and forward-thinking people I’ve met in media."
Since Ainsworth came off the account some months ago, ahead of his departure from MediaCom, the Sky business has been run by Claire Ferguson, head of client service at the agency.
Ainsworth has taken a role closer to his home and young family in the East Midlands, with marketing services consultancy Communisis.
Ramos starts in his new role with immediate effect.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PPC Specialist - Amazing Digital Brand ADLIB £22k - £28k, Bristol
- Research Executive Hasson Associates £23000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant