Guardian boosts video content with Nowness.com partnership
Guardian News & Media has formed a multimedia partnership with the website owned by luxury group, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, called Nowness.com.
The collaboration will feature the Guardian website selecting and hosting Nowness.com’s videos on contemporary culture and global lifestyles, deemed to "reflect the interests of GNM audiences".
The multimedia offering includes the fields of fashion, art, travel and gastronomy, and the first piece is 'LED Surfer' by fashion photographer and filmmaker Jacob Sutton.
The short film was shot on the slopes of Tignes in the Rhône-Alpes region of south-eastern France and shows pro-snowboarder William Hughes boarding down the snow-covered French hills in a bespoke LED-enveloped suit.
Dipesh Mojaria, business director for multimedia at GNM, said the partnership would provide "an invaluable resource and will enhance our life and style multimedia offering".
The commercial model is based on pre-roll ads, the revenue of which is split 50/50 between the Guardian and Nowness. This week's launch advertisers include HSBC, Volkswagen and Intel.
Launched in 2010, Nowness.com aims to be a hub for exclusive cutting-edge content that is "aesthetically and culturally engaging". It has a remit to "inform and inspire" and has featured work from leading filmmakers, photographers and trendsetters, including Spike Jonze, David Lynch, and Miranda July.Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Insight Manager EMR £65000 - £75000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35K Source £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Analyst **Prestigious and Forward Thinking Media Agency** Lipton Fleming £30000 - £40000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff