Guardian boosts video content with Nowness.com partnership
Guardian News & Media has formed a multimedia partnership with the website owned by luxury group, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, called Nowness.com.
The collaboration will feature the Guardian website selecting and hosting Nowness.com’s videos on contemporary culture and global lifestyles, deemed to "reflect the interests of GNM audiences".
The multimedia offering includes the fields of fashion, art, travel and gastronomy, and the first piece is 'LED Surfer' by fashion photographer and filmmaker Jacob Sutton.
The short film was shot on the slopes of Tignes in the Rhône-Alpes region of south-eastern France and shows pro-snowboarder William Hughes boarding down the snow-covered French hills in a bespoke LED-enveloped suit.
Dipesh Mojaria, business director for multimedia at GNM, said the partnership would provide "an invaluable resource and will enhance our life and style multimedia offering".
The commercial model is based on pre-roll ads, the revenue of which is split 50/50 between the Guardian and Nowness. This week's launch advertisers include HSBC, Volkswagen and Intel.
Launched in 2010, Nowness.com aims to be a hub for exclusive cutting-edge content that is "aesthetically and culturally engaging". It has a remit to "inform and inspire" and has featured work from leading filmmakers, photographers and trendsetters, including Spike Jonze, David Lynch, and Miranda July.Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Broadcast / Online Planning Manager -Leading Media Owner Aspire £45000.00 - £46000.00 per annum, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile