Guardian boosts video content with Nowness.com partnership
Guardian News & Media has formed a multimedia partnership with the website owned by luxury group, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, called Nowness.com.
The collaboration will feature the Guardian website selecting and hosting Nowness.com’s videos on contemporary culture and global lifestyles, deemed to "reflect the interests of GNM audiences".
The multimedia offering includes the fields of fashion, art, travel and gastronomy, and the first piece is 'LED Surfer' by fashion photographer and filmmaker Jacob Sutton.
The short film was shot on the slopes of Tignes in the Rhône-Alpes region of south-eastern France and shows pro-snowboarder William Hughes boarding down the snow-covered French hills in a bespoke LED-enveloped suit.
Dipesh Mojaria, business director for multimedia at GNM, said the partnership would provide "an invaluable resource and will enhance our life and style multimedia offering".
The commercial model is based on pre-roll ads, the revenue of which is split 50/50 between the Guardian and Nowness. This week's launch advertisers include HSBC, Volkswagen and Intel.
Launched in 2010, Nowness.com aims to be a hub for exclusive cutting-edge content that is "aesthetically and culturally engaging". It has a remit to "inform and inspire" and has featured work from leading filmmakers, photographers and trendsetters, including Spike Jonze, David Lynch, and Miranda July.Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media