20 brands experimenting with Vine video ads
By Gordon MacMillan, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 30 January 2013 09:28AM
Brands are beginning to experiment with Twitter's video app Vine, which allows users to create six-second slices of video content.
Over the weekend and yesterday there was much Tweeting about how porn had already reached Twitter's Vine video app.
Twitter has now taken action and has banned searches for explicit content and deleted X-rated users. It has also apologised for a "human error" that highlighted a graphic NSFW clip on the Vine homepage on Monday - Not the kind of showcase we had been expecting.
Now some more positive experiments are taking place as brands begin realise how they can use the service for mini ads. Or if not ads then amusing pieces of bite-sized content. Is that the same thing? I think it is.
Mostly American brands have signed up so far, but there are a few Brits experimenting too and I'm sure there will be plenty of others to follow shortly.
What's fascinating here is the level of creativity...and the crazy dancing. Some were questioning the point of six seconds of video. I think these brand Vines go someway to answering that question and show the kind of fun you can have.
Some of the 20+ brands having a try include @thinkmodo, @msnbc, @UpDesk, @thedailybeast, @NBCNews, @BuzzFeed, @barbariangroup, @CNNEEfans, @CellJournalist, @InternetUK, @AlMonitor, @imaginateonline, @techdotmag, @UrbanOutfitters, @Gap, Birmingham City FV (@BcfcDotCom), @Moose_Tracks, @PBS, @RedVines, @WheatThins, @confused_com and @generalelectric.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Senior Programme Manager / Junior Account Director - £36k. Charity/NFP MODA consult £36k + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director or Senior Account Director - Global Advertising Agency,FMCG brand. £65k salary. ATL MODA consult Around £65k + excellent benefits & career path, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned