V calls pitch ahead of renewed Euro push
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 January 2013 08:00AM
V, the energy drink, has called a review of its pan-European advertising account.
The most-popular energy drink in Australia and New Zealand is planning a new assault on the European market in a bid to challenge Red Bull.
Suntory now owns the brand after its previous owner Danone sold V’s manufacturer, Frucor, to the Japanese drinks giant.
Danone launched V in the UK in 2000, with advertising handled by Quiet Storm. In 2003, V sponsored the second series of ITV’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!.
V was withdrawn at the end of the last decade. After its acquisition by Suntory, Frucor launched an international division based in Amsterdam in 2010.
Frucor rolled out in Spain in 2011 and it is expected to launch in further European markets to rival Red Bull.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy