Lucozade unveils trio of new brand ambassadors for Six Nations campaign
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 31 January 2013 08:43AM
Lucozade is running a campaign to showcase a trio of its new rugby brand ambassadors, England's Chris Robshaw, Scotland's Richie Gray and Wales' Leigh Halfpenny, ahead of this weekend's start of the Six Nations championships.
The £1m marketing activity highlights its Lucozade Sport brand and is tailored to each of the respective three countries, running across outdoor and digital.
Simon Freedman, brand director for Lucozade Sport, said: "Our campaign reinforces how we are helping rugby players across the UK to improve their endurance performance by drinking Lucozade Sport instead of water before and during matches. We are heavily investing in digital and outdoor activation to drive Lucozade Sport’s new claim."
As part of the campaign, Lucozade Sport is launching a competition to reward the best performing amateur rugby players in England. The competition will enable consumers to nominate their top performer for the chance to win England tickets and other prizes.
Lucozade is the official sports drink of the England and Ireland rugby teams and has upped its investment into the sport over the past 18 months.
The campaign marks the first marketing activity which features Robshaw, Gray and Halfpenny.
According to GSK, the owner of Lucozade Sport, the brand is worth £94m.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £50000 per annum, Berkshire
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show