HMV shouldn't be closing down its Twitter feed
By Gordon MacMillan, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 01 February 2013 09:44AM
Troubled music retailer HMV caused a stir on Twitter yesterday as employees used the brand's official Twitter feed to live-blog mass redundancies taking place at the high street chain. This led to a call to close the brand's Twitter account down which would be a bad mistake.
Using the hashtag #hmvXFactorFiring, @HMVtweets claimed that staff were being fired by the HR department. The news was then confirmed by the administrator. Deloitte said that 190 people have been made redundant at the brand's head office and distribution centres.
The Tweets were quickly deleted, but not before they were widely shared. The feed also claimed that the "marketing director" was asking "How do I shut down Twitter?".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager, ATL & Integrated role, car account, £28k. Soho independent creative agency MODA consult Around the £28k mark, might go higher for someone really strong, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Press Production Executive AF Selection £20,000 - £22,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Project Manager Key Responsibilities Responsible for the di Source Ã‚£30000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, London
- Commercial Insight Manager Lipton Fleming Ã‚£45000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum, London
- Senior Packaging Artworker Purple Consultancy Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£40000 per annum, London