HMV shouldn't be closing down its Twitter feed
By Gordon MacMillan, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 01 February 2013 09:44AM
Troubled music retailer HMV caused a stir on Twitter yesterday as employees used the brand's official Twitter feed to live-blog mass redundancies taking place at the high street chain. This led to a call to close the brand's Twitter account down which would be a bad mistake.
Using the hashtag #hmvXFactorFiring, @HMVtweets claimed that staff were being fired by the HR department. The news was then confirmed by the administrator. Deloitte said that 190 people have been made redundant at the brand's head office and distribution centres.
The Tweets were quickly deleted, but not before they were widely shared. The feed also claimed that the "marketing director" was asking "How do I shut down Twitter?".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Mobile Sales Manager, EMEA Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + great commission, London
- Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum + benefits , Rayleigh
- SEO Account Director Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Milton Keynes