Churchill recruits Dawn French to replace Martin Clunes
Comedian Dawn French is to replace Martin Clunes as the face of Churchill Insurance, and will star in a series of TV ads with its bulldog brand ambassador.
The new campaign, created by WCRS, will see the former ‘French & Saunders’ star encounter Churchill while looking for a dog at Battersea Dogs Home. A series of four 30-second TV ads will follow how the relationship develops between the two characters.
Amanda Walker, marketing director at Churchill, said: "The new ads represent the first steps in what I expect to be a fantastic campaign for Churchill Insurance."
"The chemistry between Churchill and Dawn is brilliant and I am sure that viewers will enjoy watching the relationship develop."
The ad was directed by Dominic Brigstocke, with creative direction from Jo Moore and Simon Robinson. The production company was Tomboy Films, while media was handled by MediaCom.
The Direct Line Group-owned insurer dropped Clunes as the face of its ads in November after it was revealed the actor had been disqualified from driving for speeding offences.
To ensure it did not miss out on customers during the important New Year period, Churchill launched a series of 10-second TV ads featuring the nodding dog character, promoting products including guaranteed hire car and multi-car discount with its car insurance.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show