Yorkshire Tea named as the 'official brew' of England cricket team
Yorkshire Tea has signed a three-year sponsorship deal with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
The contract will have Yorkshire Tea named as the official brew of the England cricket team. Former England cricket captain Michael Vaughan unveiled the deal, which was brokered by BMB Neon, today.
The tea brand has dedicated 20% of its annual marketing budget to the deal and will activate it through TV advertising, created by BMB, social media and on-pack promotion.
Simon Eyles, Yorkshire Tea marketing director, said the national sponsorship, its first, represented a "significant step change" for the brand.
Eyles said: "The cricket tea break is synonymous with a proper brew, so throughout the summer, we are going to make every tea break fun and engaging for the many fans of the game."
John Perera, ECB commercial director, said: "This deal with Yorkshire Tea is a welcome addition to our ever-expanding commercial partner family. Cricket and tea go hand in hand, and Yorkshire Tea is a brand that fits the ECB's values perfectly."
Perera added that it was "pleasing for us as a governing body to see a partner feature the game in above-the-line advertising".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood