Bacardi names Andy Gibson as new chief marketing officer
Bacardi has appointed Andy Gibson to the chief marketing officer role, following the departure of Silvia Lagnado at the end of last year.
Gibson, who will also be the president of Bacardi Global Brands, will be responsible for the overall leadership and strategic direction of the company's internationally known portfolio of premium spirits brands.
He also will serve as a member of the Bacardi leadership team and will report to Bacardi president and chief executive officer, Ed Shirley.
Gibson, who will be London-based, joins the company in April. His most recent role was as chief marketing officer for Carlton United Brewers (CUB), part of Foster's Group.
Before CUB, he worked for Diageo for 13 years in a series of general management and marketing positions across five continents. He began his career at Mars in its Australia and New Zealand operations, where he held a number of sales and marketing roles.
Shirley said of Gibson's appointment: "His experience, depth of industry knowledge and proven leadership ability will be strong assets, as we broaden the awareness of our family of iconic Bacardi brands, further expand market opportunities and, ultimately, drive growth."
Gibson said joining Bacardi was a "brand marketer's dream job" and he looked forward to "engaging consumers in new brand experiences".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham