Bacardi names Andy Gibson as new chief marketing officer
Bacardi has appointed Andy Gibson to the chief marketing officer role, following the departure of Silvia Lagnado at the end of last year.
Gibson, who will also be the president of Bacardi Global Brands, will be responsible for the overall leadership and strategic direction of the company's internationally known portfolio of premium spirits brands.
He also will serve as a member of the Bacardi leadership team and will report to Bacardi president and chief executive officer, Ed Shirley.
Gibson, who will be London-based, joins the company in April. His most recent role was as chief marketing officer for Carlton United Brewers (CUB), part of Foster's Group.
Before CUB, he worked for Diageo for 13 years in a series of general management and marketing positions across five continents. He began his career at Mars in its Australia and New Zealand operations, where he held a number of sales and marketing roles.
Shirley said of Gibson's appointment: "His experience, depth of industry knowledge and proven leadership ability will be strong assets, as we broaden the awareness of our family of iconic Bacardi brands, further expand market opportunities and, ultimately, drive growth."
Gibson said joining Bacardi was a "brand marketer's dream job" and he looked forward to "engaging consumers in new brand experiences".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot