Beyoncé stars in O2 Priority ad ahead of new tour
O2 has unveiled its new ad starring Beyoncé to promote the fact that O2 customers can buy tickets to her upcoming UK gigs 48 hours before the general public, as part of the brand's Priority promotion.
The VCCP-created campaign stars Beyoncé and the crew from her tour in an opulent setting reminiscent of Marie Antoinette holding court in 18th century France, but with a modern twist, incorporating high hemlines and DJ decks.
O2 customers can buy tickets to 'The Mrs.Carter Show World Tour' gigs in Birmingham, London's O2, and Manchester from 9.30am on 21 February, 48 hours before they go on general release.
The art director at VCCP was Rachel Robinson and the copywriter was Stephania Silveira. Jonas Akerlund at RSA Films directed the ad and it features new music from the singer.
The TV ad, which is available in 40-second, 60-second and two-minute versions, debuted online today and will air on TV in the UK for the first time this evening.
Sally Cowdry, marketing and consumer director at O2, said: "Beyoncé is, quite simply, one of the world’s biggest superstars. We know everyone will love seeing her and we’re proud to be able to offer our customers access to tickets 48 hours before general sale."
All versions of the ad and a behind-the-scenes video are available on O2’s YouTube channel and the campaign will be promoted through Beyoncé's and O2’s social media channels.
In addition, a 30-second "artist’s cut" of the ad will be used to promote Beyoncé’s tour globally from 11 February.
As part of 'The Mrs. Carter World Tour', Beyoncé will play Birmingham’s LG Arena on 26 April, The O2 on 29 and 30 April and 1 and 3 May, and the Manchester Evening News Arena on 7 May.
Media planning and buying for the campaign was by Zenith.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Marketing Manager (Journals) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Executive - Digital Sales & Marketing Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Benefits: Great benefits plus unlimited holiday, London
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40,000 to £50,000, Balsall Common
- Senior Designer, Entertainment Sky Negotiable, London
- Creative Designer, 3D - Brand, Service and Product Innovation Bamboo Crowd £30,000 - £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad