Beyoncé stars in O2 Priority ad ahead of new tour
O2 has unveiled its new ad starring Beyoncé to promote the fact that O2 customers can buy tickets to her upcoming UK gigs 48 hours before the general public, as part of the brand's Priority promotion.
The VCCP-created campaign stars Beyoncé and the crew from her tour in an opulent setting reminiscent of Marie Antoinette holding court in 18th century France, but with a modern twist, incorporating high hemlines and DJ decks.
O2 customers can buy tickets to 'The Mrs.Carter Show World Tour' gigs in Birmingham, London's O2, and Manchester from 9.30am on 21 February, 48 hours before they go on general release.
The art director at VCCP was Rachel Robinson and the copywriter was Stephania Silveira. Jonas Akerlund at RSA Films directed the ad and it features new music from the singer.
The TV ad, which is available in 40-second, 60-second and two-minute versions, debuted online today and will air on TV in the UK for the first time this evening.
Sally Cowdry, marketing and consumer director at O2, said: "Beyoncé is, quite simply, one of the world’s biggest superstars. We know everyone will love seeing her and we’re proud to be able to offer our customers access to tickets 48 hours before general sale."
All versions of the ad and a behind-the-scenes video are available on O2’s YouTube channel and the campaign will be promoted through Beyoncé's and O2’s social media channels.
In addition, a 30-second "artist’s cut" of the ad will be used to promote Beyoncé’s tour globally from 11 February.
As part of 'The Mrs. Carter World Tour', Beyoncé will play Birmingham’s LG Arena on 26 April, The O2 on 29 and 30 April and 1 and 3 May, and the Manchester Evening News Arena on 7 May.
Media planning and buying for the campaign was by Zenith.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Client Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - FREELANCE Purple Consultancy £300 per day, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.