PRWeek TV: Social media and FTSE 100 firms
FTSE 100 firms' use of social media is more important for reputation, consumer relationships and damage mitigation than for its direct effect on share price and business performance, experts have said.
Talking to PRWeek TV, Alex Pearmain, director at Brands2Life and former head of social media at O2, and Chris Jackson, head of digital at Cicero, said the rise pointed to an understanding of the benefits of using social media, but that measuring its effects was trickier.
Pearmain and Jackson were talking following the publication of PRWeek's feature on FTSE 100 companies' use of social media with the latest index by The Group of their activity compared to last year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London